Wednesday, March 23, 2011

What's to Worry About?


Continue praying, keeping alert and always thanking God. Col 4:2

What is your worrying skill? Are you an amateur, beginner, seasoned or professional? I think perhaps I am a genetic worrier. Do you know the kind? I am born into generational worries. Some worries are simple, ordinary. Others maybe keep us from more joy and peace, from being who we are created to be. What is your fear? Is it fear of public speaking, from spiders, heights, bad grades or a job review, declining health, divorce, death, of living with regret or guilt, … Do you worry about your children, your parents, your siblings, your neighbors, (your poodles)?

For some of you, perhaps you have worried about me. Have you worried about the decision to adopt, that perhaps it is the wrong choice. Maybe you worried about our safety during travels or while in Colombia (since it has such a reputation). Maybe you are worried about our future.
It is solely by prayer that each day I am here that can move through it without worry. It is miraculous that I am free of the burden of worry. Continue praying, keeping alert and always thanking God…

No comments:

Post a Comment